Sunday, January 2, 2022

Variety is the Spice of Life

While I was sitting in church today I was thinking about my husband and children.  How blessed we are to have so many varieties of personalities and likes and dislikes in the world.  I went through each person and thought of what they have brought into my life and into the family.  John has brought a love of board games.  Because of this I have a lot more confidence when it comes to games in general, it has expanded my mind and strengthened my critical thinking.  

Jeremiah has brought a lot of laughter into our home.  That is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of his good qualities.  He also loves Kung Fu.  His love of Kung Fu has increased the amount of physical exercise we all get.  John has been taking Kung Fu for some months now and is doing really well at it and really enjoying it.

Caleb loves nature.  His love of and interest in nature has done a lot of things for our family.  First of all it gets us outside more often, which is good.  Second it has greatly increased out knowledge of the out doors.  We play a game where we have to guess the animal that someone has picked and this not only holds their interest during waiting times, but has taught us a lot about the animal kingdom and about individual animals.

James Henry loves science.  His favorite field seems to be physics (who doesn't love a good bouncy ball and all the reactions that one can create with it).  But he has a general interest in most sciences.  He loved the fireworks he saw on the fourth of July.  He immediately asked when we could buy some and set them off.  Well the next time would be New Years Eve and we have had a reminder up on the calendar ever since.  With his excitement over fireworks we wouldn't have purchased fireworks for New Years Eve and wouldn't have had such an enjoyable time setting off fireworks with friends that night.  The best was seeing his excitement over watching them- he was in heaven!

Families, friends, even acquaintances can all add so much to our lives.  I am grateful for my family and the joy they have brought to my life, but also for the knowledge and exposure to things that otherwise wouldn't have happened.  It is a blessing to have a variety of people in our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment