Saturday, June 30, 2012

I missed a couple of weeks, but we made it up the canyon each week.  I have been trying hard to find new things to cook.  One time we made biscuits in a paper sack that had been sprayed with grease.  They were good, but under cooked.  Then I brought a can of baked beans this last Monday and we cut up our hot dogs in it.  The boys gobbled that right up!  I took the opportunity to talk to Jeremiah about peer pressure one night and then another night John read a scripture from Alma, about learning wisdom in our youth and talked to Jeremiah about why its important to learn things now, while he's young.

They both still love to get out their boats each time, and are starting to feel at home in the canyon.  I am getting better and better at starting a fire, and finding things that we can cook together.  I am trying to get my hands on a dutch oven, so I can try my hand at some of those recipes.  Let me know if you have any favorites, I'd love to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment